Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)
- To: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Cc: Ken Moffat <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Turbo Fredriksson <email@example.com>, Debian PowerPC List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)
- From: Ross Vumbaca <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:37:27 +1000
- Message-id: <410DFD47.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20040731153938.GA21388@pegasos>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040608015815.GB7853@pegasos> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0407302152180.9189@ppg_penguin.kenmoffat.uklinux.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040731112628.GA19182@pegasos> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0407311501360.12559@ppg_penguin.kenmoffat.uklinux.net> <20040731143408.GA20803@pegasos> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0407311607340.12931@ppg_penguin.kenmoffat.uklinux.net> <20040731153938.GA21388@pegasos>
Sven Luther wrote:
Bah, that means that the A1 people will again do their own hack for debian
support probably. Ah well, i don't really care.
There is no "A1 people". There is just myself, Ken, and Turbo who own
AmigaOnes, AFAIK. Everyone else who ever did anything to do with Linux
on the A1, no longer does it.
MAI does seem to do Linux stuff in-house, but since they are not
particularly communicative and do not appear to be interested in Debian
or in sharing their stuff, I wouldn't put much stock in it..
Btw, my quick and dirty port of the Debian Woody installer to the
AmigaOne was a hack, but I did do it AGES ago, when there was nothing on
the AmigaOne (except an old version of SuSe), and the only kernel we had
was the quick and dirty 2.4.19. I didn't get paid to do that work, and I
didn't get any free hardware to do it either (unlike some people), so
give me a break.