Installing sarge

Downloaded and burned the minimal sarge ppc iso.
Cd boots fine.
Everything seems to start installing just fine. After partitioning I keep getting the error message
No NewWorld boot partition found and that I need to set one up.
I setup the Apple_bootstrap partition but the error still comes up. I made it the first partition after the map partition. I thought I did what the manual said but everything I try will not work. Debian is being installed on a Quicksilver G4. One hard drive for Debian and the other for OS X.
Im new to Linux and only used yellowdog for a couple of months.
Any suggestions?

THANKS
Derek