Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

I got my AmigaOne yesterday, and I'm currently trying to install it with
the ISO @ SourceForge. However, I'm having some troubles with the IDE disk,
cable or something completley different - 'device not ready for command' or
something like that.

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> I think the kernel patch for those is more big than the pegasos one, and
> i am not entirely sure in which subarch category the AmigaOne falls.

There's a kernel CVS module ('linux-2.4.22') at the SourceForge site and
diff'ing that with the original 2.4.22 kernel source tree gives me a 1.8Mb
patch. Most of this is just '$Id: $' changes...

I sent a mail to Ross about this, I'll see what that can give us. If nothing
else, I'll extract the relevant part myself. Don't want to do that - 1.8Mb
patch is A LOT to look through :)

> I guess a complete new one. |Turbo, how do you boot linux on amigaone, and
> where do you get the kernel image for it. What is the status about
> initrd booting ?

To simply everything for me, I boot the boot image through TFTP. Booting
from CD, Floppy and HD is also supported (and VERY simmilar to TFTP booting).
--
Panama radar strategic BATF Cuba Clinton critical Honduras Nazi
Qaddafi spy FBI PLO tritium KGB