Re: [OT] iBook hardware problems

Jérôme Marant wrote:

Hi,

I bought an iBook one year and a half ago, and I recently
experienced some hardware failures.
It seems that closing/opening the iBook managed to damage
the video signal: I have sometimes problems with colors,
some snow and there is sometimes no signal at all depending
on the position of the screen.

Has anyone experienced this before? It is easy to be repaired?
Sounds like the Inverter Board Cable Assembly wire is eroding. It runs through the right hand hinge and can easily wear down with normal eveeryday use. I've replaced mine twice and reinforced the last replacement with a little electrical tape.

You can see discussions in the Apple Support forums for your brand of iBook usually in the Usage or Vidoe forums. The cost of a replacement depends on where you buy it. Here's a sample:

http://www.pbparts.com/shop/nic.html

Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant