Airport problem

First of all, sorry for cross posting this but I'm not sure if thi is a
general wireless networking issue or "airport"-specific.

I have an iBook with an airport card which is configured to dual-boot
Debian Sarge or OSX Panther, that I would like to be able to use on both
the wireless network at work and at home. Neither network broadcasts its
ID and both use 128-bit WEP keys. I can connect to either net with
MacOS, but only the work network works with Debian. The only obvious
difference between the network configurations is that the work system
uses a router that is the DHCP server while the home access point (an
el-cheapo ME102) has a single IP address and the DHCP server is the PC
to which it's wire connection is made (which also handles the NAT).

Occasionally kwifimanager manages to find the MAC address of the AP but
usually it doesn't.

Does anybody have any idea what to try (other than dumping the ME102 and
getting a decent AP).

TIA
	James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |