[Patched Solution:] Re: Printing in Mozilla/Firefox with xprt-xprintorg - problems

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 10:29, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (06/07/04 09:16), Vincent Bernat wrote:
> > OoO En cette nuit nuageuse du mardi 06 juillet 2004, vers 01:23, Clive
> > Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> disait:
> >
> > > Since postcript printing is no longer supported in Mozilla/Firefox, I've
> > > been trying to configure xprt to be able to print (before printing just
> > > worked).
> >
> > > Now I either get no printers can be found or Mozilla and Firefox crash
> > > after looking as though they are about to print.
> >
> > See bug #252362. And when xprint crashes, Firefox crashes as well. A
> > solution is given but the package maintainer did not release a new
> > revision.
> Thanks Vincent
>
> It looks as though I'm going to have to compile xprint myself or hope that
> it get's fixed soon.  Seems to be unique to PPC ;(

                             [ ... ]

Detailed (more or less ..:) instructions on how to get a working,
patched xprint and how to set up  Mozilla/Firefox printing without
postscript (second part of the page):

<http://www.geocities.com/wolfgangpfeiffer/foolinglinux.html>

On ppc the stuff above works for mozilla-firefox 0.8-12 and mozilla
1.6-5.

Please let me know if you find mistakes on that page.

Thanks in anticipation
Wolfgang
--
Profile, links: http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer