Re: 'Alt' key strange behaviour in gnome/metacity

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:37:01PM +0200, Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot wrote:
> Does any one use gnome-2.6 + metacity (2.8.1-3)  and has observed a
> strange behaviour in the Alt key when typing, i.e., Alt+Tab to change
> focus between windows?
> After upgrading to the latest xfree (4.3.0.dfsg.1-5) in SID the Alt key
> seems to get 'pressed' some how and after releasing it I have to press
> it again to 'unpress' it (as a side effect, the focus in windows doesn't
> change).

Known problem. i run this little script (by hand) after the login :

xmodmap -e 'clear mod1' -e 'add mod1 = Alt_L'

I hear it is already fixed or something such in the xfree86 development
tree, and we just have to wait for the next version of the xlibs

Sven Luther