Re: G5 install?

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 01:39:29PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> How recent are we talking about here (URL of download), and exactly what
> are the failures?

I believe these are the three images I tried. I don't remember exactly
which ones failed where on the 2.6, but they all died on various legacy
drivers. I will try the ones with the new kernel mentioned in a different
message if I can't get it to work by then. The 2.4 ones all die in the
partition management stuff. It locks up hard, so I can't see what it's
doing when it dies, but the last stuff I was able to catch by just running
ps in the shell constantly was some of the partition related scripts. I
know I saw 10check_swap. The whole kernel locks up with no messages in
the debug console (4), and I can't change consoles at that point.

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/beta4/sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/tc1/sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/powerpc/20040704/sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso

	Brad Boyer