Re: X wont start on ibook

Mine is also 0:16:0 :(

James Tappin wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:37:35 +1200
Paul William <maillist@bestworldweb.homelinux.com> wrote:

PW> Hi all,
PW> PW> My first post on this list :) I am following the instructions at
PW> http://seb.france.free.fr/linux/ibookG4/iBookG4-howto-5.html#ss5.2
PW> PW> to get X going on my ibook G4 (1ghz). X gives me the following
PW> error:
PW> PW> (--) Assigning devices with no BusID to primary device
PW> (EE) No devices detected
PW> PW> Fatal server error:
PW> no screens found
PW> PW> I am running sid and the 2.6.6 kernel (sid package).

With Sarge on a G3 iBook, it was simply that the X configuration tool
failed to detect the correct PCI bus address for the video card. Run
lspci and check the address of the video card (remember this is in Hex)
[on my G3 it is 0.10.0]; then run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and
at the bus address scheme enter the bus address you got from lspci, this
time in decimal (e.g. PCI:0:16:0). Leave everything else unchanged.