Re: hang resuming from sleep ibook kernel 2.6.6 gnome 2.6

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 03:17, Jaume Sabater wrote:
> Kurt Erickson wrote:
>
> > Anyone? Thanks.
>
> Have you got the CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG kernel option disabled? Are you
> using the latest version of pmud or pbbuttonsd? Have you tried with
> kernel 2.6.7?
CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG is compiled as a module. It isn't loaded.
I have tried 2.6.7, and it makes no difference. All the errors and
behavior are the same.
My pmud is the most recent version, and I have tried the latest
pbbuttonsd, without success.
> Anyway, I think that your problem has nothing to do with the one I had,
> but trying newer versions might help.
>
> Did you upgrade your Gnome version (I heard that 2.6.2 was released a
> few days ago)? Or maybe some libs...
I am using 2.6.0, but I have a feeling that this is a problem with the
kernel. I could be wrong... Interestingly, I didn't have this problem
when I was using gnome 2.4., using the same kernel.

And one more thing that makes me think the cd drive is involved, is the
cd drive always makes a little vrrt drive reading sound when it hangs.

One other person who seemed to be having the same problem (he didn't
give many details) sent this to the list a few months ago.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/04/msg00005.html

Then there was this single reply:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/04/msg00008.html

Seems like the same problem.