Re: [solved] Re: low runtime with acer travelmate 290lci (centrino)

According to Bob Hentges, on Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:25:34 +0200,
>Sebastian Mangelkramer wrote:
>
>> Am Sonntag, 27. Juni 2004 12:29 schrieb Joan Tur:
>>
>>>Es Diumenge 27 Juny 2004 12:04, en Sebastian Mangelkramer va
>escriure:>>| hello dear list,
>the>>| runtime when i`m on battery is just about 1h 30min.  i`m using
>debian 3.1>>| sarge with kernel 2.6.7, cpudynd, hdparm with
>hdd-spindown, ....>>|
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>

>> but not the f****** micro$oft optical mouse.
>> i can`t belive this but if the mouse ist unplugged the runtime
>increase up > about nearly 30%
>
>Are you sure that the Microsoft Optical Mouse does use so much energy?
>For that would be freaking much...
>
>Friendly,

On ibook, not only the usb devices (any mouse, DSL modem...) use a lot
of energy, but they also use it when ibook is asleep ! My ibook can stay
asleep for nearly a week with nothing plugged in, but it sucks all its
battery in a night if I let the usb mouse.

Now, I rmmod usb modules when sleeping, but I have not tested
thoroughly if this reduce energy consomption.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail