Re: Did installing MOL *totally* trash my system?

Jens Schmalzing <j.s@lmu.de> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Jens,

> Sean Schertell writes:
>
>> But then I got curious and tried to apt-get install mol.  It
>> installed the 2.4.25 kernel along with it and so I figured I'd
>> better reboot to get that going.
>
> mol needs kernel modules to run, and obviously apt-get just picked a
> mol-modules package at random and pulled in the corresponding
> kernel-image package.  Which one did it install exactly?
>
> Anyway, the first kernel you installed is still around.  Boot that,
> remove the kernel-image package you installed accidentally, select the
> correct mol-modules package, and everything should be fine.

I can't start mol with kernel-image 2.6.7 and corresponding mol-modules.

$ sudo startmol

Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70 [Jun 23 2004 14:33]
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 0
  No mol-0.9.70 kernel modules corresponding to the running
  2.6.7-powerpc kernel were found ('startmol --list' displays
  installed version). Recompile the mol kernel modules (recommended)
  or try starting MOL as root using the '-a' switch. The '-a'
  flag can be made default by the 'allow_kver_mismatch: yes' setting.

$ sudo startmol --list

  Running kernel:         2.6.7-powerpc
  Available modules:
    <none>

$ dpkg -l mol-modules\*|egrep ^ii

ii  mol-modules-2. 0.9.70+2.6.7+2 The Mac-on-Linux emulator - kernel modules f

$ dpkg -l kernel-image\*|egrep ^ii

ii  kernel-image-2 5.0            Linux kernel binary image for version 2.6.5.
ii  kernel-image-2 2.6.6-5        Linux kernel image for 2.6.6-powerpc
ii  kernel-image-2 2.6.7-2        Linux kernel image for 2.6.7-powerpc
ii  kernel-image-p 2.6.6-5        Linux kernel image for powerpc

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

--
  .''`.