Re: Did installing MOL *totally* trash my system?

Hi,

Sean Schertell writes:

> But then I got curious and tried to apt-get install mol.  It
> installed the 2.4.25 kernel along with it and so I figured I'd
> better reboot to get that going.

mol needs kernel modules to run, and obviously apt-get just picked a
mol-modules package at random and pulled in the corresponding
kernel-image package.  Which one did it install exactly?

Anyway, the first kernel you installed is still around.  Boot that,
remove the kernel-image package you installed accidentally, select the
correct mol-modules package, and everything should be fine.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!