Re: FAQ?

Sam George wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> > i was wondering if there was maybe an FAQ for new installs of debian
> > GNU/Linux on powerpc... in particular for an iBook.
>
> This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's related and you may
> find it quite useful.  Install the debian-reference package and read
> it in /usr/share/doc/Debian/reference .  It's quite good.

thanks very much... but its really just the PPC port stuff in particular i am
having hassles with. i am very accustomed to debian, and GNU/Linux in general (i
used LFS for about 2 years before i made the switch).

installing on my iBook has just been a nightmare... on i386 i'm used to
everything "just working", but on PPC... nothing seems to work and my graphics
card (standard iBook radeon) seems not to be supported and there aren't even any
vesa drivers to use in X as a failsafe.

cheers,
Sam
--