FAQ?

hi there,

i was wondering if there was maybe an FAQ for new installs of debian GNU/Linux
on powerpc... in particular for an iBook.

i just installed debian testing on my 1GHz G4 14" iBook and i have a few, what
seem like standard, questions to ask. i will ask them here, but if my questions
are already answered in an FAQ... a link to such a document would be
appreciated.

1 - i have a "british" keyboard (even though apple's is not even close to a
british pc keyboard) and i would like to be able to have this mapped correctly.
at the moment a lot of the non-character (such as tilde) keys are not mapped
correctly. i selected the british keyboard during install... but i suspect this
is the british PC keymapping, not the apple one.

2 - maybe related to 1, but i cannot use the virtual terminals. when i do Alt-F2
i just get "unknown scancode e0 54", and if i also hold down the fn key i get no
output at all.

3 - during the debian installer stage, i needed to use install-safe as none of
the other options would work. this meant i had to install with a 2.4 kernel. i
suspect i know what the problem is... as when i tried to install the 2.6 kernel
i got an error about initrd and then the kernel did not boot up the next time.
can yaboot handle initrd? the man page had no information about this.

4 - i am currently recompiling my own 2.6.7 kernel (without an initrd), if
anyone has a minimal 1Ghz G4 iBook (combo drive, no bluetooth or airport
extreme) kernel config file... a copy would be much appreciated!