Re: PReP support

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:04:39PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther writes:
>
> > > Do you mean that by doing :
> > >
> > >   mkvmlinuz /boot/vmlinux-2.6.7-powerpc 2.6.7-powerpc
> > >
> > > The right thing will happen, and that is creation of a
> > > /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.7-powerpc ?
>
> Yes, provided /etc/mkvmlinuz/output sets the variable output to
> /boot/vmlinuz-$release.

Yeah, fine, and will we set this by default, or not ?

> > Nope, it doesn't work :
> >
> > === Building for sub-architecture chrp.
> > === Using kernel image file 2.6.7-powerpc.
> > === Using initrd image file .
> > === Release version seems to be /boot/vmlinux-2.6.7-powerpc.
> > === Using object files from /home/sven.
> > Please specify an output file.
>
> > There must be some misunderstanding going on then.
>
> Or failure to read the documentation.

man kernel-img.conf
      postinst_hook
              Set this variable to a script to be executed during installation
              after all the symbolic links are created, but before running the
              bootloader or offering to create a floppy. This script shall  be
              called  with  two  arguments, the first being the version of the
              kernel image, and the second argument being the location of  the
              kernel  image itself. Errors in the script shall produce a warn-
              ing message, but shall be otherwise ignored. An  example script
              for  grub  users  is  present  in /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/
              directory.

What part of that did i misunderstand ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther