Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
Which is why it would help to be IBM or one of the other big players. Does it look like I'm shitting hardware? ;-)

That has nothing to do with big players at all.

Are you saying I have more money than IBM? I would certainly hope not ;-)

Seriously, I think Eyetech and MAI are being complete assholes on this one, but I would like to add that it would have been really cool if someone from the outside had half a chance in heck of figuring all of this out and actually get there in time to have a patch for something that is semi-current.

Every time I manage to make something that looks like a patch for some version of Linux that version is obsoleted by something that breaks whatever I did. I may not be the smartest guy around, but at least I'm man enough to face the fact. I am not the right person to ask this of :-)

I guess more manpower is the only way to go. Anyway, I have done a bit of work on two of the 4 or 5 (can't remember, it's been HOURS already :-) ) points I wrote down earlier, possibly enough to have it ready in less than 5 minutes (amiga-fdisk and kernel-package). The rest of the points are somewhat more work, but I'm going to contribute if there's more than me out there. At least it is a START, right? :-)

But I guess the number of people with AmigaOnes who actually bothered to subscribe here is pretty low, even if I did hint a few _thousand_ times elsewhere that this was a good list for debian and powerpc related questions.

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/