Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

Jens Schmalzing wrote:

Hi,

Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:

Can't uboot load the ramdisk separately like yaboot can ?

Duh, I must have misunderstood this then.  So uboot is the bootloader
for AmigaOne?  Then it should be taught to load an uncompressed kernel
and a separate ramdisk from a real root filesystem.  Also, it should
be packaged for Debian, probably in a separate package from the other
PowerPC bootloaders.

Wellllllllllll....

One item of note. In the case of the AmigaONE it's burned into EEPROM. (Least it was when I was playing around with it which was some time ago). These boxes originally had an implementation of OF which was .. well it wasn't quite perfect, but it could load yaboot at least...

You are quite right tho, it would be desireable for it to know how to load a kernel and ramdisk from a file system.

Regards,
Tom

Regards, Jens.