Re: Test-DFS for PowerPC

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 04:39:23PM +1000, david howe wrote:
> I have downloaded the ppc iso today.
>
> So far I can report that the disk fails to boot the following devices
> New World G3 Pismo Powerbook
> New World G3 Imac
> Old World 9600 ppc
>
> The disk appear as a valid HFS standard disk on a MacOS desktop however
> I can't provide any more info about the boot failures :(

Well, you mean it only refuses to boot when you insert the disk and old
the 'c' key ? Does yaboot show up ? I guess not, is the iso HFS blessed
or some other magic ?

Also, i doubt it will work out of the box on old world, Robert, what is
the kernel size, and could you include a miboot image of this if it is
small enough ? Not sure the kernel or initrd fit on a floppy though.

David have you tried booting it on the oldworld with bootx ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther