Re: X on an iBook Radeom Mobility 7500 (sarge)?

According to Jens Schmalzing, on 01 Jun 2004 22:34:53 +0200,
>Hi,
>
>Sven Luther writes:
>
>> > And I would suggest to use kernel-image 2.6.5-powerpc, which has
>> > everything(including 3D acceleration) working perfectly.
>>
>> I doubt 2.6.5-powerpc is still available.
>
>It's not in sid any more, but hasn't expired from sarge yet.  This
>could happen anytime, though, so nobody should recommend it.
>
>> > Depending on your usage of USB you may not use 2.6.6-1
>> > kernel-image which is a bit unstable regarding USB
>>
>> Ah, so you see that also on pmac ?  I have also problems with that,
>> altough on pegasos hardware.  2.6.4 seemed to exhibit the same
>> problem though, maybe to a lesser degree though, so i don't know if
>> this was not the case in 2.6.5.
>
>By all means, try to reproduce it as good as you can and then file a
>bug report.  No use sticking with obsolete kernel revisions for fear
>of them being `a bit unstable' and never finding out the reason.

Damn'it ! It has just been solved in 2.6.6-2.
I'm sure it was present in 2.6.6-1.
I can't reproduce it now.

Just a minor bug : after sleep, ohci_hcd does not see my speedtouch usb
modem anymore. I had to rmmod/modprobe ohci-hcd module in
/etc/power/pwrctl-local. Not a real problem.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail