Re: X on an iBook Radeom Mobility 7500 (sarge)?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:04:48PM +0200, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> According to Steve Langasek, on Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:53:10 -0500,
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have an iBook running the latest sarge d-i snapshot, which I can't
> >seem to get X running on.  I've found various hits on google that
> >indicate people have gotten this running, with various configs, but
> >none of them seem to work on this particular kernel/X server
> >combination.  (Kernel is 2.4.25-powerpc-pmac, X server is 4.3.0).
> >Anyone have any insights/suggestions?  Please cc: me on any replies, as
> >I don't follow this list.
> >
> >Thanks,
>
> For hints and config file, look at
> http://mockenhaupt.homelinux.org/ibookWiki/FrontPage
>
> You should use xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2004.02.28-2_powerpc.deb
> from
> http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/dists/dri-trunk-sid/main/binary-powerpc/

A, yes, i had to use that one also. But then, there was a radeon driver
sync in the latest 4.3.0 debian packages, so ...

> And I would suggest to use kernel-image 2.6.5-powerpc, which has
> everything(including 3D acceleration) working perfectly.

I doubt 2.6.5-powerpc is still available.

> Depending on your usage of USB you may not use
> 2.6.6-1 kernel-image which is a bit unstable regarding USB

Ah, so you see that also on pmac ? I have also problems with that,
altough on pegasos hardware. 2.6.4 seemed to exhibit the same problem
though, maybe to a lesser degree though, so i don't know if this was not
the case in 2.6.5.

Friendly,

Sven Luther