Re: problem w/ router (was RE: apt problem after debian-installer install)

According to Nirmal Govind, on Mon, 31 May 2004 12:10:36 -0700,
>Hi.. it turns out that the problem I was having was because I was
>behind a router (Netgear). I connected the cable modem directly to the
>PB and it was able to apt-get. So now I'm stuck cos I can't get the
>ethernet to work on the PB when it's connected to the router. Any ideas
>on what's wrong? I did not make any changes to the ethernet/network
>configuration... I'm able to ping servers (and get the replies back)
>but I can't surf etc..

This looks like a firewall issue...

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail