WAS: kernel 2.6.6 and pmud NOW: udev hassles

hello again,

I'm not really having much luck with udev. I found today that it
fails to create /dev/cdrom and /dev/hdb although from the bug
report, the maintainer seems to think this issue is closed. Maybe
not for my iMac 500 DVD SE (summer 2000).

Does anyone have a fix for this so that the link and /dev/hdb nodes
are created at boot time?

Is anyone else experiencing irritations with udev?

thanks for your help.  I don't really know my way around this area
of linux.

Joss