Re: install sarge on dual G5 -> quasi-success

Thanks Eric -

> I was abble to tweak the installation using the knoppix-mib CD,

that worked (after many tweaks), however:

> tip for the fans. modprobe therm_pm72

the modprobe is succesful in the 2.4 kernel, but does nothing to
reduce the vacuum-cleaner level of the fans...

I couldn't test it in 2.6.5/2.6.6, as the kernel-image packages for
those refuse to install, saying:

  /usr/sbin/mkinitrd: add_modules_dep_2_5: modprobe failed
  FATAL: Module ata_k2 not found.

(This is in unstable.) After much googling and grep-ing, I was not
able to find a workaround for this. (Creating a symbolic link from
some other ata drivers to ata_k2 makes the package install, but hangs
on boot immediately).

Any ideas?

Michal