Re: install sarge on dual G5 -> hang

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 05:46, Michal wrote:
> > > Fill a bug report against debian-installer with this info for start,
> > > so it gets fixed.
> >
> > ok, done.
> >
> > Here's hoping for a fix, as otherwise I'm sitting on a useless
> > dual G5...

I was abble to tweak the installation using the knoppix-mib CD, don't
remember if it was pre10 or pre7.
<URL:ftp://ftp.crihan.fr/mirrors/knoppix-mib.org/>

using the knoppix-mib CD mib CD you will be abble to boot the dual G5
and have a root shell, and run deboostrap by hand.
see the concise report I've posted on this list
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/04/msg00012.html>

tip for the fans. modprobe therm_pm72

	Eric
--
 Le danger si on ne s'en aperçoit pas c'est que le processeur est
 constamment à 100% de sa capacité, il chauffe donc beaucoup