Re: PBButtonsd gatwick IRQ

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 10:56, Zach Weinberg wrote:
> A while ago, I posted on this list concerning my Powerbook 3400 crashing
> on resume and printing the error
>
> gatwick irq not from gatwick pic

Hrm... You should never ever get the gatwick interrupt on a 3400,
since it doesn't contain the Gatwick chipset at all... Or maybe
the code is still calling gatwick what is really OHare II ? What
does /proc/cpuinfo says ?

> My Powerbook is still exhibiting the same problem, but I beleive I may
> have found the cause.
>
> Recently, whilst admiring my PowerPC processiors many interrupts, i
> noticed the following line "cat /proc/interrupts":
>
> 60:        59     GATWICK     Level         eth0
>
> All the lines above that one, in the column that reads GATWICK, instead
> say PMAC-PIC. I thoguht that this might help if anyone was working on
> this problem.

This is the cascade. It's indeed not a GATWICK PIC then, but rather
an "Ohare II". Probably just misnamed in the code, I may have just
re-used the Gatwick code for OHare II, I don't remember for sure now.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>