usb wifi network adaptor

hi,

I would like to have a wifi connection with my ibook. It is a g3, not
the newest stuff, but hey, it works fine.

The budget is a bit tight, so I wonder if it would be possible to buy 2
cheap usb wifi dongles and provided I have a debian pc already acting as
a ethernet firewall-router use 1 usb card at the router and the other at
the ibook in order to get wifi at home. In case it is possible, which
usb-device do you recommend/is known to work? I have kernel 2.6.6 in the
ibook, self compiled, I imagine I will have to recompile but that is no
problem.

Thanks in advance.

N.Asenjo