Re: iBook 800Mhz G3 fan on a lot

According to Jens Schmalzing, on 25 May 2004 17:05:30 +0200,
>Hi,
>
>Cedric Pradalier writes:
>
>> First, I would suggest using cpufreqd, for scaling down to 400MHz
>when> you don't need full power.  I can send you a working config if
>needed.
>
>Please send it to me instead, or better yet, indicate what
>configuration options in the pre-built kernels should be changed.
>
>Regards, Jens.

I think I was not clear, I was speeking of the /etc/cpufreq.conf file,
not of the CPUFREQ_* kernel flags. I attach it anyway.

I'm not sure of what should be changed in the pre-built kernel. They
seem good for me. I just don't use them because they reset the thermal
control chip.

For the cpufreq modules , I use the following options (2.6.x)

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_PROC_INTF=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_24_API=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_PMAC=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail