Re: Sarge PowerPC HFS boot from DVD

Ed wrote:
I'm trying to boot a DVD created with jigdo from the 5/22 build on an Apple g4. I couldn't get Open Firmware or even a friend's OS X based system to recognize it.

When I tried hfstools hmount on my x86 system on either the DVD or the /dev/loop attached iso-image I get:

An extra debug message shows it thought there were 53k+ records. I can mount the dvd as an iso9660 ok and hmount works fine on the cd version of sarge-powerpc-1.iso.

My guess would be that it's due to size limitations imposed by the HFS filesystem layout. I believe it's limited to 2 GB in size. Of course, I think that means you can't have yaboot on a DVD with ISO9660 and HFS, but I'm expecting scripts aren't yet available to make the CD using HFS+.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net