Re: Airport Monitor Mode Patches

Can someone answer at why to monitor mode
patched havent made it into the kernel or into the
main driver or something?

are they just really dodgy?

i would like my ibook to be able to scan!!

can someone whos smart (ben or something) work
there magic and finalise it? i realise that more
important work is at hand (like making the latest
kernel work) but airport driver polishing would
be nice.

Jens Schmalzing wrote:
| Hi,
| Paul van Tilburg writes:
|>I experience the same problem, just after entering: iwpriv eth1
|>monitor 2 2 (for example), if set mode 2 for say, channel 3, too my
|>machine gets VERY VERY slow.
| I see.  I mostly use monitor mode for kismet, never had a problem with it.
|>I was using kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6. It is the first time I got
|>monitoring working.
| Glad to hear this.  On what kernel source tree?
|>I want to work towards scanning support, is there a 2.6.6 patch for
|>that too, I'm getting tired of manually entering ESSID and keys all
|>day since I encouter 2 or 3 different networks a day.
| None that I am aware of.
| Regards, Jens.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)