Re: harddisk corrupt?

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 03:48:14PM +0200, stefan kersten wrote:
> i'm a bit concerned because of the dmesg output i'm getting lately
> when accessing certain files (see below). this is on a tibook G4,
> debian/unstable 2.6.5 (built from stock kernel sources). any ideas
> what might go wrong? i'm still hoping it's not a hardware error ...

Hi. I had the same problem. Also that my disk just stopped doing data
transfers after increasingly shorter periods.
I installed smartmontools to make sure it was the disk, I can advise you
to do the same :) If the disk says it's broken, it's broken. The disks
in the TiBooks have pretty good SMART support.

Good luck,

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net