Powerbook G4 12" backlight

Hi,

I've got an Nvidia-based 12" G4 albook.  I'm well aware that in the forseeable
future sleep etc, will not be possible on these machines.

However, it seems that, based on some other posts about turning backlights
off, that it might be possible to turn off the backlight when the lid is
closed, even if not sleep or suspend.  I like to leave mine downloading with
the lid shut from time to time, and for battery life reasons, it'd be nice to
kill the backlight when the lid was closed.

Is this possible?

Regards,

David