Re: Current benh-kernel fails to boot (after clock) on iBook G4

On Saturday 08 May 2004 1221, somebody named Helge Kreutzmann inscribed
(snip)
> I boot the kernel, and it stops at:
> VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 172k init 4k chrp 8k prep
> INIT: version 2.85 booting
> Activating swap.
> EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
> recommended EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.19, 19 August 2002 on ide0(3,4), internal
> journal Real Time Clock Driver v1.10f

Have you tried disabling the RTC driver?  I think it's been known to cause
problems on ppc.

NRH
--
The man who tries to walk two roads will split his pants.  - African
proverb