Success compiling Drivers for Proxim/Orinoco Silver (based on Hermes I and II chipsets)
I successfully built and am using a Hermes-II driver for the Proxim/Orinoco
Silver 8421-WD. The source code came from the Agere website, at:
http://www.agere.com/support/drivers/ and I'm running it on a Powerbook G3.
It was built against the 2.4.25 Debian kernel on www.ppckernel.org (from
3/5/2004) (patched with the pcmcia eject patch).
The current driver is version 7.18. This source code also supports the
following chipsets (see below).
The source code and configuration files require a few minor changes. I am in
the process of hopefully getting these changes included in the next release
from Agere. I don't have a patch file yet, but will create one if anyone is
interested. I am not subscribed to this list currently, so please reply to me
personally as well as to the list until I get the mail filters set up
(from the README file):
1. SOFTWARE DESCRIPTION
This software supports the following network interface
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0104" ("Gold" and "Silver")
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0106" ("Gold" and "Silver")
* "Wireless Integrated Card Model 0202"
* "Wireless Embedded Card Model 0504" (MiniPCI)
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0110"
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0111"
* "Wireless MiniPCI Card Model 0506"
* "Wireless MiniPCI Card Model 0508"
* "Wireless CompactFlash Card Model 1401"
* Other wireless adapters based on Agere's
This software is officially released and supported
software of Agere Systems Inc.