Re: 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 freezes on eMac

Le lun 26/04/2004 à 03:10, Benjamin Herrenschmidt a écrit :
> On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 04:06, mammique wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i tried to run 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 make-kpkg'ed with a working 2.6.2-rc3-ben1
> > .config file but it freezes at boot, when it usualy enable radeonfb, the
> > screen became blank and nothing happen.
> >
> > config file :
> > http://industrie.dyndns.org/soft/debian/config-2.6.5-rc3-ben0
>
> 5t's an eMac with radeon or nvidia chip ?

It's radeon and radeonfb works with 2.6.2-rc3-ben1.

> What happens if you use
> video=ofonly kernel argument ?

I didn't compiled offb because 2.6.2-rc3-ben1 didn't want to load
radeonfb if offb was compiled in (and there isn't module option for offb
iirc), so it freezes also with video=ofonly. I can try it when at home
tonight, but i'm quite sure it's radeonfb problem because i had many
trouble of this kind with previously versions of the kernel, mostly
because of hard fixed hfreq :

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/debian-powerpc-200402/msg00159.html

I saw many files changed in drivers/video/aty/ between the 2 versions of
the kernel, then i try to downgrade this part by copying just to try but
compilation fails.

--
mammique <mammique@lamenagerie.com>