Re: Re: XFree86 don't works on eMac

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 11:23, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 00:56, mammique wrote:
> >
> > It seems to work with an arbitrary value (VertRefresh 72), changing it
> > don't affect the display, screen is not very well centered but it's
> > ok, xvidtune don't let me change anything for a finest tuning. Do you
> > know a way to find a clean and logical value, [...]
>
> The only way I can think of would be from something like technical specs
> about the monitor.

We have them... in the EDID block in the device tree :)

Ask radeonfb to tell you about the default mode at boot, that should be
one thing. It's an IVAD2 display I suppose (72Khz fixed hfreq iirc).
I need to write some common code to drive those. I have some quick hacks
in rivafb already for the nVidia based models.

Ben.