Re: albook 15": bluetooth stopped working after firmware upgrade to 1.1

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 12:24, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 14:58, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> apple.com, on its "Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.1":
>
> "Important: Applying this firmware updater to a D-Link USB to Bluetooth
> adapter will make it incompatible with non-Macintosh systems."
> <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bluetoothfirmwareupdater.html>
>
> Anybody out there who knows more on that in the meantime, i.e. is there
> already a fix for it, or workaround, or whatever?
> Or is there even someone out there with a working bluetooth on Linux ppc
> after upgrading the machine to the new Buetooth Firmware?
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Best Regards
> Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I do have such a device working yes. It's a D-Link DBT 120 bluetooth USB
adapter updated to firmware 1.1. To get it working you have to get the
new utils from the CVS tree of bluez.

1) mkdir bluez
2) cd bluez
3) cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bluez.org:/cvsroot/bluez login
4) cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bluez.org:/cvsroot/bluez co libs2
5)cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.bluez.org:/cvsroot/bluez co utils2
6) cd libs2
7) ./bootstrap; ./configure; make; sudo make install
8) cd ../utils2
9) ./bootstrap; ./configure; make; sudo make install
10) "Insert your usb adapter now"
11) cd hid
12) ./hid2hci

And it should be up and running.
You can contact me if you have any question, but I'm not a bluez
developer.

--
Pierre