xmms on Tibook running enlightenment

I know this problem could have numerous orirgins, but I haven't been able to get
sound from xmms on my Tibook Superdrive. I have tried xmms on both esound and
alsa drivers, but get no sound. I assume that esound is the correct choice,
since that is the driver for enlightenment, but I'm not certain. Other
applications have sound, so I know I've got a working driver, so I think it must
have something to do with the superdrive. Has anyone had any luck with a similar
setup, or should I be apt-getting another media player?

Thank you,
Derek Otto