swsusp/pmdisk status on ppc?

Hello,

In january, Ben H. posted a version of pmdisk that worked on a pismo. He said today on irc that others (like Michael Schmitz) fixed stuff in his code. I've also seen that Pavel Machek wants to retire pmdisk from the kernel in favour of one implementation (swsusp).

Since my last battery died today (and they cost quite much and won't last too long), I'm keen on getting some form of suspend-to-disk to work. Who has the best code for me and where? I have a powerbook g3 lombard. (I don't have much kernel coding experience, but maybe I could also spend a little effort trying to fix things.)

Thanks!
Christian.