Re: 2nd and 3rd mouse key with modifiers, vol+bright with fn

hello joerg...

* Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> [2004-04-05 10:32 +0200]:

> is it possible to get the second and third mouse key with shift or
> control and the (first) mouse key? Is it possible to do this with xmodmap
> for X?

try the mouseemu daemon:
http://www.geekounet.org/powerbook/files/mouseemu.tar.gz

i call it with

-middle 125 105 -right 125 106 -scroll 125

which makes the apple key the modifier.

> I use more F1..F6 then brightness and volumn control. Is it possible to
> interchange the behaviour with fn that f1 without fn is f1 and f1 with fn
> is darker, f3 without fn is f3 and with is mute?

apt-get install pbbuttonsd. in the section [MODULE_PMAC] modify the
entry "kbdmode" to "fkeysfirst".

hth,
 sebastian
--