Re: Problems with install on Power Mac G3 minitower

This procedure worked, except for two "minor" glitches:

1) I had to use the "DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium" kernel parameter to
get the menu that allowed me to execute "continue without
bootloader" immediately after partitioning and formatting the disk
(i.e. *before* it attempted to install a bootloader.)

2) When it came time to reboot and run the configuration part, the
/etc/fstab file was empty so the reboot failed.  I had to boot
single user and do
	mount -o remount /dev/hdc8 /
to make root writeable.  Then I edited /etc/fstab to know about my
root filesystem.

After that it all worked.  (Of course, there were the usual minor
problems configuring video, but I expected that...)

Rick