Re: ReiserFS on Powerbook?

Jens Schmalzing wrote:
If you are loooking for an alternative journalling filesystems, you
may want to give xfs a try.  I've used it on my powerbooks for quite
some time now.  It's probably never mentioned in installation reports
because until recently, it required a patched kernel source tree.

I'm using IBM's JFS on my Powerbook Pismo, and IMO it seems to handle system load much better than it did with ext3. I also use it on a PowerMac 7500 system I have Linux on. It's been very stable, and works exceedingly well. I've also heard horror stories like what Ben was talking about re: reiserfs (even on x86), so I haven't used it. The only unfortunate thing is that I haven't seen a Debian install disc that includes JFS utilities. I had to use FireWire target disk mode with my x86 system, back up, repartition, and restore, but I'm quite pleased with the results.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net