Re: hfsplus ibook g4

Hi,

Fagner Goncalves writes:

> The command mount /macosx, mount the partition, but only ro, not
> rw. A dmesg log returns to me :

> HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running
> fsck.hfsplus is recommended.  mounting read-only.

Problem is, there is no fsck.hfsplus for Linux.  I've filed an ITP for
a Linux port of the FreeBSD port of the Darwin tools, but both the
Linux port and the package remain to be done.  And don't you even
think of using the tool from the hfsplus package.  Boot Mac OS X into
single user mode and fsck the filesystem from there.

> Any idea ?

I would advise against mounting HFS+ filesystems read-write from Linux
unless you really have to.  Use mol and a virtual network for
transferring data.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!