Re: pbbuttonsd 0.5.9-2 unofficial package

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 12:07:34AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better if onAC_sleep were "no" in the provided config
> file?

Yes, I agree, I will change it in the next version of the package.

> What does "critically low" mean? Several weeks ago, pmud failed to put
> my machine into sleep early enough. Will pbbuttonsd behave in a better
> way?

Well, this is not related to packaging, but still I think that
critically low is when the battery level drops below BWL_last value of
the config file, by default it's 3.

> Another problem: I can no longer set the LCD brightness to the lowest
> level with F1.

This is because I've changed the previous default value of the config
file from "KBDMode = fkeyslast" to "fkeysfirst". This mean that hitting
F1 will have the usual (i.e. non powerbook) F1 semantic, while to
decrease the brightness you have to use Fn+F1. Same applies for all
function keys.

I made this choice because I think function keys usage is more common
under typycal gnu/linux usage than using powerbook special keys ... If
it will turn out that I'm the only one with this believing I can revert
it to the previous value.

Cheers.