Re: gtkpbbuttons 0.6.2 unofficial package

Hello alltogether!

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 07:45:07PM +0100, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. März 2004 18:53 schrieb Wolfram Quester:
>
> Hallo,
>
> > Another interesting thing is that I can't switch my display off with that
> > new version of pbbuttonsd. I can do it with the old version. Now I can't
> > go below brightness level 1 (even if I change /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf).
>
> This has something to do with automatic brightness adjustment. This
> currently limits the brightness to minimum value of 1. After switching
> LCD autoadjustment off you can dim your display completly dark again.
Thanks for this hint! Setting "LCD_AutoAdjust = no" allowed me to switch
off the backlight again. Isn't there a possibility to autodetect if
there are light sensors present in the used hardware and disable this
feature if it is not needed?

BTW, I got another crash while playing with the options. It seems it is
related to the combination of the two parameters "LCD_AutoAdjust = no"
and "LCD_AutoAdjMin_AC = 0".

> > Next I found is that changing the volume is very slow with MacOSX theme,
> > its better with the classic theme but slower than with the old version.
>
> This may depend on the graphical overhead of the MacOSX theme. I*m
> not shure if I'm able to make it faster.
No, this one is related to my stupidity at the first test.

>  Best Regards
>    Matthias Grimm

Thanks for your work,

Wolfi