debian-ppc64

i would like to know if there's anyway i can help, as i do have in my possession a 1.6ghz G5 mac. it is stoked up with 2 gig of ram, 2 serial ata 80 gig hd's , so compiling stuff is fairly fast. i have 3-4 years experience of linux experience, and have tried every known distro to try to get something linux to boot on this thing!!! i currently run osx.3.3 , and fink kde is as close as i've come to linux on the desktop (this new fink works flawlessly thanks to dpkg, apt-get!!) please let me know if i can help in any way... no expert, but willing to sacrifice my setup in the name of linux any day( osx is boring as hell. i hate to sound like a mac add, but it all just works. not much to tinker with, i miss that about linux!! As a result, my learning has slowed considerably) ed