Re: OldWorld wont boot new 2.6

On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 06:02 PM, MaX wrote:

On Mar 21, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Rich Johnson wrote:
Booting hangs with last message being "arch: exit:".

Kernel was configured with "make oldconfig" (seeded with 2.4.17 .cofig) and all default options.
Uncompressed vmlinux (4.2M) copied to /boot/Linux Kernels
Modules installed via "make modules_install"

What did I miss?  Is there a trouble shooting guide somewhere?

has you copied the kernel in the system folder of hfs partition renamed in vmlinux?

I did copy it to the "Linux Kernels" folder on a separate /boot partition (HFS format). It's sitting right next to my 2.4.17 kernel; and BootX sees it all right. I'm pretty sure it's launching because as it boots the first output is "Welcome to Linux, 2.6.3...." and I've been able to fiddle with the traces put out by ppc_init().