Linux on G5 X-Serve

Hi all.

We're running out a custom application for a local print house and they really prefer to use mac's where possible (me too!). The application involves running transforms on really really large image files amongst other things, so needs heaps of RAM and loads of speed.

Can anyone give me feedback as to how well supported the new dual G5 X-Serve's are on Linux? Specifically how fast is it? Is all the thermal management, etc supported? How about the RAID arrays?

Thanks folks!

---
James Whatever
My niece called me "Uncle Robot" on the weekend!
Giant Robot Ltd, http://www.giantrobot.co.nz/