Re: installing sarge on Motorola PowerStack...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Luther" <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 02:53:51PM +0100, Johannes Wischert wrote:

Something

> > zImage
> > >
> > > So you would need :
> > >
> > > /dev/sda1 : /boot <- macos or vfat filesystem on it ?
> > > /dev/sda2 : /
> >
> > i don't need a filesystem at all on sda1 since i copy the kernel there
with
> > dd if=zImage.prep of=/dev/sda1
> > and then i can boot from openfirmware with "boot hdisk"
>
> Ok, you boot directly from the bare disk.
>
> It must be /dev/sda1, right ?

I did not test anything else.. but it might perhapse also work with an fat
filesystem or even ntfs since these computers were thought to run windows
nt...

> I will check that partman knows about this. What is your box model again
the machines is known under many different names... it's called Motorola
Powerstack 604e most of the time... There exist two versions of it one with
PPCBug firmware and one with OpenFirmware (which I have) as far as i know
you can flash the firm and so change from PPCBug<->OpenFirmware... On PPCBug
ones you can use Yaboot but i'm not completely sure...

> ? Can you send me a /proc/cpuinfo output ?
cpu  : 604e
clock  : ???
revision : 2.3 (pvr 0009 0203)
bogomips : 398.95
machine  : PReP Utah (Powerstack II Pro4000)
l2 cache : 512KiB, parity disabled SRAM:synchronous, pipelined, no parity