Re: Courier Build Failure

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:26:28PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the maintainer of courier and I'm facing a rather strange build failure:

Is there a bug you can reference?
I assume you mean 0.44.2-3 on unstable.

> The execution of mkinstalldirs (in a for-loop) fails after many successful
> executions.

hmm, the last powerpc autobuild :
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=courier&ver=0.44.2-3&arch=powerpc&stamp=1078936389&file=log&as=raw

failed like this:

dh_link -a
dh_compress -a
dh_fixperms -a
dh_fixperms: command returned error code
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Build finished at 20040310-1132
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
Purging chroot-unstable/build/buildd/courier-0.44.2

But that is a different failure from what you describe, it looks to me.

> Ireally have no clue what's wrong because powerpc is the only architecture
> that fails at this point.
>
> It would be nice if someone on this list could try to reproduce the problem
> (please use a clean environment) and tell us if the problem is reproducible.

I'm updating a clean unstable chroot and will try the build shortly.

-David